Monday 14 April 2008

A week of contrast


Well, what a week it's been here in Sussex! I started my daily painting project on April 2nd. There has been a real contrast in the weather here is South East England. The week started with a day of snow. From 10.00am - late afternoon Eastbourne was transformed into a winter wonderland. Many roads were blocked with abandoned cars, children were out with their sledges and the town slowed down in a way that reminded me of how Sundays USED to be in the days before 'Sunday Opening'.

The first few paintings of the week reflected the predominant weather conditions, but later in the week I needed to use some colour so I revisited photo images from last summer and created the latter paintings of the week using these as reference.

The image above was painted today and based on a photo taken yesterday whilst travelling to Lewes.

No comments: