Tuesday 22 April 2008

Down by the sea


Decided to do the daily painting down by the sea today, and what a beautiful day it is! Really warm with a light breeze. I spent an hour just to the left of the pier looking up, in a similar position to a painting I did in the snow last week.

I took the daily call from Southern Counties Radio (about the daily painting project) whilst I was there and realised I have been painting the pier for over 35 years (since I was first at art college).

A couple of years ago I had two paintings purchased by The House of Lords to complement an existing collection of originals they have. One of the paintings they purchased was of Eastbourne Pier, the other of De La Warr Pavilion, another inspirational structure. Have a look at my main web site where you can see more of this work. SOLD

No comments: